This program will show you diversity of Adriatic coast in a very small area. From mighty mountain of Biokovo to the stunning beach of Golden Horn (˝Zlatni Rat˝) you will enjoy on every step of your holiday. Stunning views, great botanical garden, exquisite beaches combine with local tradition and customs mixed with great food and wine will make a holiday that you will never forget..
Location: Biokovo Nature Park, Makarska Riviera, Island of Brač
3 Hours Before Flight Time
Number of days walking: 4 – 5
Level: easy to moderate
Average daily distance: 10 km / 6,2 miles
Terrain: medium altitude differences (up to 700m); trails passing green forests but also rocky limestone areas
Weather & seasonality
This tour takes you from the mountain slopes of Biokovo mountain to the seaside and beautiful beaches of the Island of Brac like Zlatni rat. Climate can be various but our tours are run in periods when the weather is usually stable, be sure to be ready for sun & rain. Warmer clothes for the Biokovo mountain (depend on the date of traveling), but also a hat and sun glasses for the strong Adriatic sun.
Arrival to Split. Airport bus to Split main bus station. Public bus to Makarska. Accommodation in the hotel (Bed & Breakfast)
Morning taxi transfer to Bast village. Walk to Makarska
Walk on the slopes of Biokovo Mountain with a stunning view on Dalmatian islands. On our way to Tucepi we will pass through botanical garden which is designed as a “walled part of nature”, which will retain the natural vegetation forms with its native flora. Descent to Tucepi and walk through forest park ‘’Osejava’’ back to Makarska.
– CULTURAL: daily trip to Trogir (since client will not have time on the last day to see both Split and Trogir, this might be a nice idea; the local bus lines run quite often.
– rafting on river Cetina – the cost of the rafting with organized transport is around 35,00 €
– zip line in canyon of Cetina river price around 60,00 € per person
– Morning transfer by taxi or local bus to village of Baska voda. Walk back to Makarska around 10 km on the easy road near the sea
– a walk to Vosac peak. IMPORTANT: this is a difficult mountaineering tour, with 1400 m altitude gain, suitable only for good mountaineers; it is done as an OPTIONAL tour on the 5524); after climbing to Vosac peak, the van could pick up the clients, and take them first to see the 2nd peak of Croatia and the highest peak of BIOKOVO mountain, SV. JURE, at 1762m,and then drive them back to Makarska; the cost of this transfer is around 100,00 € (for a van with 8 places – taxi cars with 4 places cost the same – this is an offer from our partner who gives us this price for a van); in this case, it is wise also to take a taxi in the morning, that take people to MAKAR village, which is about 200m above Makarska, so it makes the climb easier because it reduces it for these 200m; the cost of this transfer is 40,00 €; daily ticket to the PARC OF NATURE BIOKOVO is around 6,00 € for adult person
Morning ferry MAKARSKA-SUMARTIN (on the island of Brac). Private transfer to Bol village and accommodation in a hotel. Free time for swimming and discovery of this cozy little town. Overnight in the hotel (Bed & Breakfast).
Walk to the highest peak of Brac and all the Adriatic islands, VIDOVA GORA (780m). In the afternoon, walk back to Bol by the same way. Note: if the clients do not want to come back on foot but with a taxi, the cost is arounds 50,00 € per minivan 8+1. Overnight in the hotel (Bed & Breakfast)
Morning private transfer to the road near monastery of Blace. Start of the walk to the valley of the monastery of Blace. Arrival to Blace valley and possibility of visit. Descent to the coast – possibility of swimming in the clear blue Adriatic, away from the cities and villages. In the afternoon, walk back along the coast to the village of Murvica and then transfer to Bol. The whole walk is around 5h-6h, but it is very easy terrain, only going down or on flat grounds. Overnight in the hotel (Bed & Breakfast).
Early morning catamaran from Bol to Split. According to time of departure of the plane, some free time to discover Split. Public bus from Split harbor to Split airport. Departure.